Saturday, December 13, 2014

Your Daily Dose of Christmas!

I always feature the Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky at some point during the month. I don't often form mental associations with music and specific places or times in my life, but this is one of the exceptions: the Nutcracker Suite always takes me back to Wartburg College and my days performing in the Wartburg Community Symphony Orchestra. We did a different-themed Christmas concert each year, but somehow each year, this work ended up on the program, and I always looked forward to it. It's just a total joy, and it always makes me think of those rehearsals and concerts.

But here's something unique, anyway: the Nutcracker Suite, not for orchestra, but transcribed for two pianos. How fun!


And for those who like their Tchaikovsky in the original Klingon (geek humor, sorry), here it is:

No comments: