Friday, August 08, 2014

Instaweeks!

Time to photographically document some of the recent doings (when I haven't been all-editing, all-the-time)!

A while back I happened to drive by this odd-looking cookie-cutter housing development near the University At Buffalo. Places like this always look odd to me.



Here in Buffalo, one of our major landmarks for navigating people around our system of expressways is a big blue water tower near the junction of I-90 and I-290. Yes, it really is a big blue water tower. That's how we describe it: "Get off the 90 at the big blue water tower."


The local "Business Park" ain't doin' too much business....



A couple weeks ago the Sunday newspaper was relentlessly depressing. I thought it was just me, maybe, but then on his teevee show, John Oliver commented that the entire preceding week's news had been, in his words, "f***ing depressing". So it wasn't just me.



Chicken on skewers!


Lettuce wraps, a la PF Chang's!



Barbecue chicken! (This stuff turned out awesome. I've struggled at times with chicken on the grill, but I think I'm finally figuring it out.)



Coffee!



I continue to be sad that I can't get my beloved Planters Cheez Ballz. However, there are avenues to at least partially scratch that itch....

The Wife made meatballs, and they were awesome (and gluten-free)!



This instructional graphic on a hand dryer in a restaurant does not make sense to me. It's like it's telling you to operate it with your brain, or something.


Sometimes we get visitors, like my parents' cat.


Lester visits me in my library.



How's that song go? "I talk to the trees, but they don't listen to me...."



Summer of Spiders?




And editing. Lots of editing. Editing at home....



Editing at work....




Always, always editing.










In the end, I've been generally feeling smug....


...because it was really a pretty great July.




1 comment:

Lynn said...

Wow. That's a really cool looking spider.